Texas we have Spring Break the second week of March. It is a great mini break
for students and teachers to rest up and prepare for the remainder of the
school year. This time of the year is fun, because the weather is wonderful to
step outside for some outdoor learning and fun. Do you use any outdoor
activities this time of the year? I love to read to my students outdoors. The
kids have fun with the change of scenery!
novels and of course picture books. These are perfect to take your students
outside and read under a tree or near the playground area Also, you will notice
I threw in a poetry book because Poetry Month is quickly approaching!
- Charlotte’s Web- novel
- Poppy- novel
- The Giving Tree- perfect for Earth Day
- Amelia Earhart- perfect for Women’s History Month
- I know Why the Caged Bird Sings- Poetry
- Bayou Magic- novel
- How Robin Saved Spring- picture book
- What Does It Mean to Be Green- picture book
- Planting a Rainbow- picture book
- A Dance in The Starlight- picture book
scene of Spring time as well. Here are some of my go to resources to use during
- Spring Word Work: I love to do fun activities in the Spring.
Usually I create fun Word Work Centers. You can see these I use here.
- Holiday/Events Pennants and Flip Books: We also celebrate special events using my pennants or flip books. The special days that are coming up are: St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Earth Day, Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day. So having these handy and printed ahead of time really helps with décor and celebrations. Also, I have created some special holiday book companion with my pennants- click here!
- Spring Writing Prompts: I also love having my students focus on
spring writing prompts. This year I created Digital Google Writing Comics to
use in writing centers! They are so fun!
- Spring Time Reading: I use my monthly reading comprehension
passages that are thematic. These are perfect for reading small groups, guided
reading groups, homework, bell work, and much more! I love using these because
it really encourages my students to use higher level thinking and integrates
writing skills on each weekly passage.
special for my kiddos to do either during or after Spring Break so I created
this fun activity packet. It has a Spring Break Reflection Poster, a Spring
Break Writing Activity, and some Spring Break SWAG TAGS [these are fun for
celebrating spring break]. I want to share all these with you TODAY! Yes, free
for you TODAY! Thanks for stopping by! Have a happy Spring!