Do you have your spring time favorite books to read this time of the year?
- Charlotte’s Web– novel perfect for read aloud or book clubs
- Poppy– novel perfect for read aloud or book clubs
- The Giving Tree– perfect for Earth Day
- Who was Amelia Earhart?– perfect for Women’s History Month
- I know Why the Caged Bird Sings– Poetry
- Bayou Magic– novel
- How Robin Saved Spring- picture book for Spring Time
- What Does It Mean to Be Green– picture book perfect for Earth Day
- Planting a Rainbow– picture book perfect for Earth Day
Spring Resources I love using in my Classroom
I love to create a scene of Spring Literacy! Here are some of my go to resources to use during this time.
- Spring Poetry: This fun Emoji Poetry Writing Packet and Bulletin board is perfect to help you grow your students as poets! This is my favorite genre to teach and you truly see students light up when they understand and learn to LOVE it! The Emoji theme throughout the packet will motivate and inspire great poetry writing!
- Spring Craftivity Pennants: This fun Unicorns, Llamas, and Bugs Spring Writing Craftivity for your Bulletin board is perfect to help you GROW your students as SPRING WRITERS! You will love these writing craftivity pennants perfect for writing and spring bulletin boards. All in color and bw- over 170 pages- 20 spring writing prompts
- Spring Word Work: I love to do fun activities in the Spring. Usually I create fun Word Work Centers. You can see these I use here.
- Holiday/Events Pennants and Flip Books: We also celebrate special events using my pennants or flip books. The special days that are coming up are: St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Earth Day, Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day. So having these handy and printed ahead of time really helps with décor and celebrations. Also, I have created some special holiday book companion with my pennants- click here!
- Spring Writing Prompts: I also love having my students focus on spring writing prompts. This year I created Digital Google Writing Comics to use in writing centers! They are so fun!
- Spring Time Reading: I use my monthly reading comprehension passages that are thematic. These are perfect for reading small groups, guided reading groups, homework, bell work, and much more! I love using these because it really encourages my students to use higher level thinking and integrates writing skills on each weekly passage.
Make sure to Pin and Save this Post for Future Reference
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
*Affiliate Links: “The Little Ladybug Shop is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.” (source: Section 5)