Grow your students writing and thinking skills using this Set #2 Print & Digital Bonus Thinking About Our Writing using Reading Skills. Included 6 weeks of critical writing using thoughtful strategies Monday- Friday: Main idea, Inference, Summary, Theme, and Metacognition.
This packet is part of the Think & WRITE Bundle Click Here!
Kindly Note: I have added this packet into a format to work with Google Slides as a BONUS file! Please read more below. The slides are NOT editable, they are embedded into the background, they have text boxes for students to type into.
- Color & BW options for printing
- Each day students are given a Picture Writing Prompt with a box of questions to respond to regarding the picture.
- Writing Picture Prompt encourages thoughtful writing using reading skills
- 6 weeks included. This is the weekly schedule:
- Monday : Main Idea
- Tuesday: Inference
- Wednesday: Summary
- Thursday: Theme
- Friday: Metacognition
- Included: Posters with definitions for notebook, Notebook Cover, Weekly covers, and Publishing Page
Digital Google Information:
- You must have access to a FREE online digital Classroom for you and your students. (see page 4 of download)
- Digital Google Slides: Writing Prompts with text boxes for students to easily type into.
- I would first create the booklets for students to use. You can print front to back and even bind booklets.
- Teacher can display these prompts on a large screen display and have students write in their writing notebooks.
- I would focus on these every other week allowing for a week to expand on writing.
- I have provided an extra publishing pages for students to add more to their writing.
This is packet is perfect for:
- classroom literacy writing groups
- morning writing warm-ups
- test preparation material
- homework writing assignments
- collaborative writing
- quick writing prompts
- paragraph writing practice
- extensions for GT, or accelerated learners
- teaching writing skills (Leads, paragraphs, grammar, editing)
- substitute activities
- and much more!
Thank you for visiting The Little Ladybug Shop. I would love for you to become a follower. The Little Ladybug Shop followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Jacqueline Ortiz ©The Little Ladybug Shop . This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.