Festival of Lights PBL STEM Writing Project: Design your own Festival of Lights and Persuade us to come to it! The ultimate goal for this activity is to grow your students creativity and to help them with their persuasive writing skills. My students enjoyed these design tasks and seeing their final outcomes was so exciting.
INCLUDED (PLEASE READ AND PREVIEW):
- Print and digital format included: The slides are NOT editable, they are embedded into the background, they have text boxes for students to type into.
- Student Goal: Your ultimate task is to persuade people to want to come to visit your Festival of Lights. Your final task will be to create an advertisement flipbook and a persuasive writing activity.
- Clickable Table of Contents
- Student checklist pages
Festival of Lights PBL Planning Pages (Reading Passages, Writing Activities, Science, Math and Stem):
- Reading Passage and Questions: Festival of Lights Intro
- Festival of Light’s Name
- Festival of Lights Fast Facts
- Festival of Lights Decorations & Map
- Festival of Lights Information
- Compare & Contrast
- Creative Writing
- Festival of Lights Writing
- Persuasive Writing
- Math Worksheets
- Science Passage: How Outdoor Lights Work
- Science Experiment
- Stem Activity/Design
- Stem Reflection
Writing Activities/ Persuasive Writing Activity:
- persuasive advertisement
- persuasive writing planning and writing
- all about my Festival of Lights
Final Project Activities and Display:
- Advertisement flipbook
- All about my Festival of Lights Teach-go pennant
DESIGN YOUR OWN PBL PROJECTS ARE PERFECT FOR:
- classroom literacy writing groups
- early finisher projects
- homework writing assignments
- collaborative writing
- extensions for GT, or accelerated learners
- substitute activities
- and much more!
If you have questions do not hesitate in emailing me at: Ladybug Shop Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
All rights reserved by Jacqueline Ortiz ©The Little Ladybug Shop. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.