Grow your students through learning different reading genres including Tall Tales. You will love this fun reading and writing Tall Tales Unit Packet! This is always my favorite genre to teach children! This unit was created to help me in the classroom make teaching TALL TALES fun and engaging! This will be perfect in helping you teach about this genre!
Kindly Note: The actual stories are not included due to copyright. You are able to use ANY tall tales book, or story online to use this packet.
Tall Tales Unit Included:
- Anchor Charts/ Posters- Color & Black and White
- Figurative Language Anchor Charts/ Posters
- Notebook Cover
- Character Analysis on each character this unit focuses on.
- Focus Poster on different characters, plus blank to study any character
Unit Focuses on these Tall Tale Heroes:
- Blank Character Graphic Organizer, you can use this UNIT on any other extra characters!
- Johnny Appleseed
- Calamity Jane
- Casey Jones
- Davy Crockett
- John Henry
- Mike Fink
- Molly Brown
- Paul Bunyan
- Pecos Bill
- Sluefoot Sue
Comprehension Tall Tale Graphic Organizers:
- Focus Poster on each character.
- Graphic Organizer
- Sequence Activity
- Puzzle Story Elements
- Problem & Solution
- Comparing Characters
- Main Idea
- and more…
Student Tall Tale Writing Pages:
- Explanation for students,
- Planning sheets
- Cover page
- Writing Tall Tale scene work
- All about the author
- Pages to choose from to publish final writing
- Cover to display your students writing!
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting The Little Ladybug Shop. I would love for you to become a follower. The Little Ladybug Shop followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Jacqueline Ortiz ©The Little Ladybug Shop . This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.