It is the time of the year we are looking for motivation to help us have a successful End of Year. We reflect on all the things we have learned, taught and still want to teach our students. It always seems shocking how quickly the year actually flies by. So, as you start to prepare for the last few weeks and days I want to leave you with helpful tips, ideas, and a quote that helps me. “Be the teacher that kids don’t want to leave at the end of the school year!” This really helps me in remembering all the memories we have made together and I realize how special this time is with my students. I truly help this inspires you to rock the end of your school year!
Helpful Tips for a Successful End of the Year
- Set weekly and daily goals: Set goals for you and your class! It always helps me to create a calendar to set weekly goals, activities, ideas I want to complete during the last month of the school year. Some things I include are: packing up, memory books, autograph signing, awards, planning for next years, labeling stuff, organizing.
- Do not take that down, yet: Do not start taking down stuff and packing until it is totally necessary. Your students will see you taking down stuff and they assume school is out! Then you WONDER… why is my class acting silly? You can start organizing and putting stuff that has been sitting out since November, but seriously… try not to be that classroom with everything off your wall. An easy tip if you are wanting to remove your bulletin boards is to place some motivational posters to encourage a positive mindset.
- Creative Book Projects: This is the perfect time of the year to let your creative juices flow. Those fun projects that you have had sitting there can actually happen now. My students would love those book club cereal boxes, diorama projects, STEM projects, research projects and more. We were finished with state testing so we pulled out all the glitter, hot glue gun, and construction paper and got to work. You will truly enjoy this time seeing how creative your students are and they will have a blast learning.
As we know the hardest thing is planning all things for the end of the year! Many kids are checked out for the year especially after the test season is over. Trying to find engaging and wonderful resources to use should not be that hard… that is where this bundle comes into save your last few weeks!
The End of Year Bundle Includes [click on each link to preview]:
- Advice for Future Students Print & Digital Google Slides
- End of Year Letters Print & Digital Options
- End of Year Memory Book Print & Digital Options
- End of Year Awards Print & Digital Options
- End of Year Memory Flip Book Print & Digital Options
Make sure to Grab our End of Year Sampler & Gift Tags that match the EOY Bundle Theme!
CLICK HERE (add image)
My Favorite End of Year Read Aloud Books
Finding some great books for this time is definitely challenging! I will share a few of my favorite books I love sharing with my students the last few weeks of school. These are perfect for read aloud and having students reflect on their school. I love reading the books and having students make connections with the characters and theme of each book.
- The Night Before Summer Vacation
- No More Homework! No More Tests Poetry Book
- The Night Before Summer Vacation
- When It’s The Last Day of School.
- Class Dismissed
Now, you tell me, what are activities you are planning to use for this time of the year? Or, if you have a question about how to use any of these resources effectively, feel free to ask! Get in touch with me on Instagram or send me an email, I’d love to hear from you!
DON’T FORGET TO SAVE THIS POST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.