What are ways you share kindness ideas in your classroom? I know all of us really love to spread kindness all the time and it is an exciting time to really dedicate time to share books, ideas and more with our students. Did you know that February is Random Acts of Kindness Month, and it is quickly approaching! Today I want to share some ideas and send a kindness freebie with you. I also have a few kindness resources that I know your students will enjoy using this month.
Free and Easy Kindness Ideas for your students to help all month long:
- Write special thank you notes to friends and family (see freebie below)
- Sit with a new buddy at lunchtime at school.
- Talk or play with someone new at school.
- Share a book that you enjoyed with a classmate.
- Write a kindness card to a former teacher.
- Hold the door for someone else.
- Volunteer to help someone.
- Give a nice compliment to someone.
- Greet others and try to smile throughout the day.
When we teach these kindness ideas or messages, students will actually try hard to do them, I know my kids love spreading kindness and it is contagious! It will put a smile on your face!
Books and Kindness Ideas
Here is a few books that I love that help celebrate and share kindness anytime of the year!
- Listening with My Heart: A story of kindness and self-compassion
- Each Kindness
- Strictly No Elephants
- The World Needs More Purple People
- Share a Little Kindness: A Children’s Book about Doing Good in the World
Resources that are wonderful for spreading kindness and teaching about character traits
Spreading kindness and teaching character come hand and hand, and sometimes we forget how students may need those little reminders, take a peek at this wonderful resource and freebies available this month!
Take a peek Here at the Character Traits Set
Take a peek at the newest Gnome Valentine Kindness Poster set
This set is truly going to help spread kindness in your classroom
Grab some amazing freebies here
- The Kindness bookmarks are always a student favorite, color and bw images
- Always Be Kind Posters and Writing Activity, color and bw images
- Valentine Kindness Llama Fun sticky notes: reading, writing and friends notes perfect for student incentives!
I hope these freebies help spread kindness in your classroom!
I want to hear from you…
- What are ways you help spread kindness in your classroom?
- What is your favorite kindness book you love reading to your students?
- And what special act of kindness has ever happened to you?
I love sharing acts of kindness throughout the year and I would love to hear from you in ways kindness has touched your life!
Make sure to Pin and Save this Post for Future Reference
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.
*Affiliate Links: “The Little Ladybug Shop is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.” (source: Section 5)