Grow your writers with these Mentor Texts using mini excerpts and mentor sentences. These are great to use to teach author’s craft and grammar using mentor texts. I have compiled a set of 25 mentor texts to use to create this packet. This is perfect for students in third grade, fourth and fifth grade.
- Print and digital options (see page 3 for link)
- All pages are in bw options for easy printing
- Mentor texts & sentences include: poetry, picture books, novels, short stories and more. Many of the sentences included are popular books you have in your classroom. You do not need the books to use this packet.
- Answer keys are provided for several pages, some pages have varied answers depending on students visualizing skills.
GRAMMAR FOCUS SKILLS INCLUDED:
- Word Choice
- Commas In a Series
- and more
TIPS FOR USING MENTOR PACKET:
- I usually make packets of these for my students to keep in their writing notebooks.
- These pages work great when you project the larger page with mentor excerpt on large class screen.
- Perfect for use as whole group lessons and skill focus such as warm-ups, writing activity, teacher station, independent activity or partner activity.
- When using I myself use this packet to teach whole group skill, then allow students to complete independently.
Kindly Note: This product is NOT Editable and in English Only. Please Preview. If you have questions do not hesitate in emailing me at: Ladybug Shop Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting The Little Ladybug Shop. I would love for you to become a follower.
The Little Ladybug Shop followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Jacqueline Ortiz ©The Little Ladybug Shop . This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.