Grow your Writers with this Mentor Writing Unit: Using Mini Excerpts Mentor Sentences. This is perfect for students in Third Grade, Fourth, & Fifth Grade! These are great to use to TEACH Author’s Craft and Grammar using Mentor Texts. I have compiled a set of 25 Mentor Texts to use to create this unit.
Mentor Writing Teacher Tips:
- I usually make packets of these for my students to keep in their writing notebooks.
- However, you can project the larger page with mentor excerpt on Smartboard or overhead. You can use as whole group (warm-ups, writing activity), teacher station, independent activity or partner activity.
- I have provided the mentor text with a page of activities that can be used, or with the mentor text and the students have to notice things in the excerpt (such as: adjectives, punctuation, and more).
- Many times we do one together as a class and they do the other independently where I can check their understanding.
- I have them use the skills we focus on to strengthen their writing they are currently working on.
- Mentor Writing Texts Used are Sentences from student’s favorite novels and mini excerpts
Grammar Skills Targeted:
- Word Choice
- Commas In a Series
- And More!
Kindly Note: Answer Key provided on some activities as most of the activities answer are varied depending on student response.
Kindly Note: This product is NOT Editable and in English Only. Please Preview
Kindly Note: If you have questions do not hesitate in emailing me at: Ladybug Shop Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting The Little Ladybug Shop. I would love for you to become a follower. The Little Ladybug Shop followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Jacqueline Ortiz ©The Little Ladybug Shop . This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.