Are you looking for engaging ways to teach poetry in your classroom? Look no further, this Spring Poetry Unit: Poem of the Week is a complete way to get you set up to begin this study in your classroom. This format is a consistent way to teach your students traditional poetry. My students have gained exposure to a variety of authors and become more fluent readers through these.
POEM OF THE WEEK PACKET INCLUDES:
- Print and digital format available (see page 3 for link)
- Teacher notes and tips
- Clickable Table of Contents, and list of poems
- Poetry terms anchor charts for class décor or for student notebooks- color and bw options
- Focus poetry letter pennants
- Four activities to use with any poem.
- Poetry mini flip booklet to use on any poem of the week
10 POEMS & ACTIVITIES:
- 5 Original Written Poems and 5 Traditional Poems by Classic Poets. This is a wonderful way to expose students to different styles of poetry writing.
- The selection of Traditional Poems from Classical Poets are hand selected and curated from the public domain and reflect the poetry currently available. Poets include: John Greenleaf Whittier, Evaleen Stein, Frances E. W. Harper, Celia Thaxter and more.
- The focus of the poem of the week is to introduce students to literary analysis skills – such as identifying the poem’s message, the theme, visualizing skills and more.
- Each poem is in a large format for student or teacher display/ perfect for enlarging for group discussion.
- Poetry visualization [read my teacher tips]
- Analysis and reflection questions
- Answer keys are provided
POEM OF THE WEEK IS PERFECT FOR:
- mentor texts with focus on poetry
- literacy small groups
- focus poetry skill learning
- test preparation material
- poem writing practice
- extensions for GT, or accelerated learners
- substitute activities
- and much more!
Kindly Note: This product is NOT Editable and in English Only. Please Preview. If you have questions do not hesitate in emailing me at: Ladybug Shop Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
All rights reserved by Jacqueline Ortiz ©The Little Ladybug Shop . This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.