Thanksgiving Dinner PBL STEM Writing Project: Design your own Thanksgiving Dinner and Persuade us to come to it! The ultimate goal for this activity is to grow your students creativity and to help them with their persuasive writing skills. My students enjoyed these design tasks and seeing their final outcomes was so exciting.
I have provided several options of pages and activities, you pick and choose what will work for your students.
INCLUDED (PLEASE READ AND PREVIEW):
- Print and digital format included: The slides are NOT editable, they are embedded into the background, they have text boxes for students to type into.
- Student Goal: Your ultimate task is to persuade people to want to come to visit your Thanksgiving Dinner. Your final task will be to create an advertisement flipbook and a persuasive writing activity.
- Clickable Table of Contents
- Student checklist pages
Planning Pages ( Reading Passages, Writing Activities, Science, Math and Stem):
- Thanksgiving Around the World Passage & Questions
- Dinner Fast Facts
- Table Drawing & Map
- Thanksgiving Information
- How to Make Turkey or Pie
- Thanksgiving Writing
- Persuasive Writing
- Thanksgiving Budget
- All About Turkeys Quick Passage
- Turkey Poster
- Stem Activity/Design
- Stem Reflection
- All about my Thanksgiving Dinner Teach-Go Pennant
Writing Activities/ Persuasive Writing Activity:
- persuasive advertisement
- persuasive writing planning and writing
- all about my Thanksgiving Dinner
Final Project Activities and Display:
- Advertisement flipbook
- All about my Thanksgiving Dinner Teach-go pennant
DESIGN YOUR OWN PBL PROJECTS ARE PERFECT FOR:
- classroom literacy writing groups
- early finisher projects
- homework writing assignments
- collaborative writing
- extensions for GT, or accelerated learners
- substitute activities
- and much more!
TAKE A PEEK AT ALL OUR DESIGN YOUR OWN PBL SETS
If you have questions do not hesitate in emailing me at: Ladybug Shop Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting The Little Ladybug Shop, I would love for you to become a follower. The Little Ladybug Shop followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Jacqueline Ortiz ©The Little Ladybug Shop. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.