It is the most wonderful time of the year, the excitement is all over. One thing I always do is keep my students engaged with thematic units of learning. I love having this Winter Creative Writing Bulletin Board and incorporating Winter Read Alouds for the season. Engaging your students will come easy when they see the fun in the lessons. I will share some of my favorite resources and must have books for the season.
Favorite Winter Read Alouds
Here are of my favorite books to read aloud during the winter season. I usually bring my students down to the floor and read these as our daily read alouds. We focus on a skill such as main idea, character analysis, summary, plot and more. The students love focusing on these skills reading these fun books. Here is a list of a few of my favorites:
- The Polar Express
- How to Catch an Elf
- Olive the Other Reindeer
- Snowman At Night
- Elfie the Elf
- The Night of the Posada
- The Story of Hanukkah
- Together for Kwanzaa
- ***See my Complete Book List***
Winter Creative Writing: Bulletin Board and More Ideas
- Winter Bulletin Board: These writing and craftivity bulletin board are my favorite for many reasons. I love that they are interactive and that there are multiple Winter Creative Writing Prompts to meet your students needs. I have included winter prompts, Christmas themed prompts and more. View the Craftivity Writing Bulletin Board.
- December Reading Comprehension Bundle: These reading comprehension packets are a perfect activity for you to use as: guided reading activity, bell work, homework, or assessments. Each set focuses on: Summary, Context Clues, Author’s Purpose, Inference, and a Writing Skill. You cam easily project these on a SMARTBOARD or create monthly printable packets- answer keys are provided! They are quick mini passages that you will LOVE using with your students. I will create a monthly theme packet for each month. YOU will love grabbing these sets to use monthly with your students! I recommend using them with grades 3-5- every set has different genres from Poetry, Nonfiction, Fables, and Fiction! Click here.
- Christmas Poetry Incorporating poetry during this time of year is a fun way to build fluency and grow your students in poetry analysis. This packet is full of poems to use the entire month and perfect for adding to students poetry notebooks. Poetry Unit for Christmas
- Winter Fun Writing Prompts: These unique Teach-Go Pennants will have your students writing for hours with : The Ugly Sweater, Inside a Snowglobe and so much more!
- Winter Holidays Around the World Activities: If you are searching for some creative ideas look no further than all the activities at hand. I have created aWinter Holidays Around the World Reading Comprehension Packet, Winter Holidays Around the World Templates for Pennants, Flip Books, and Brochure. I even created a digital version for google slides! You will love all our Winter Holidays Around the World Activities.
Winter Creative Writing Freebie
As part of my exclusive membership I offer monthly freebies to help you in your classroom. This seasonal freebie is available for a limited time so grab it now! To grab this freebie click on the image below or CLICK HERE.
Make sure to Pin and Save this Post for Future Reference
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.