This bible verse helps me reflect as I teach my students- “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1. I hope some of these activities and books help you through your inspirational lessons and growing your students.
Wonderful Books to share during celebration of Influential Black Leaders
- Who Was Rosa Parks?
- I Have a Dream
- Henry’s Freedom Box
- Freedom Song: The Story of Henry “Box” Brown
- The Other Side
- Let the Children March
- Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race
Wonderful Student Activities to share during celebration of Influential Black Leaders
- Influential Leaders Reading Comprehension & Questions Packet: This is a great way to learn about several important leaders of history. This packet works great for students in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. It contains reading passages, questions and graphic organizers. Click to preview!
- Black History Teach-Go Pennants You can find my favorite packet HERE, see image below. This is a wonderful way to record research and display on bulletin boards as a celebration.
- Black History Lapbook: (see image below) This is a perfect interactive activity to celebrate influential leaders and create writing activities! Students will love keeping this memorable booklet!
- Black History Brochures: (see image below)This is a wonderful way to record research and either display or keep in interactive format or notebook.
- Digital Research Google Black History Month: These are wonderful for students research and printing and displaying!
You can find all these activities in my shop: click here
Influential Black Leaders Freebie
To honor and celebrate these leaders I created this freebie packet. If you are part of my teacher tribe just log in to grab this freebie. If you would like to join to get monthly freebies like this one click on image or this link: SIGN ME UP FOR TEACHER FREEBIES!
Make sure to Pin and Save this Post for Future Reference
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. View our full disclosure policy here.