Grow your students with their knowledge of Greek and Latin Root Words with this Root Word of the Week Packet. Your students will enjoy working with these and learning the background of words!
- Print & digital options (see page 3 for digital link)
- All pages in color and bw options
- Root words and definitions for bulletin board
- Root word charts for teacher and students reference
- Greek Root Words: over 30 to chose from to use throughout the school year (see the list below)
- Latin Root Words: over 30 to chose from to use throughout the school year (see the list below)
- ROOT WORD OF THE WEEK: This activity is what we used weekly to introduce a new root word. You can enlarge the poster or print 2 to a page for students to keep in notebooks.
- Students will write the meaning of the root word (reference sheet if needed)
- Students will write related English words and their meaning. I would have students use dictionaries to find meanings if they do not know the meanings.
- Root origin (Greek or Latin)
- Lastly students will illustrate one of the related words.
- EXTRA- Root Word Sort: This activity something extra you can have students do. They can sort the words under the correct root word.
GREEK ROOT WORDS INCLUDED:
LATIN ROOT WORDS INCLUDED:
Kindly Note: This product is NOT editable and in English Only, please Preview. I use these with my students in grades 3-5, I work in small groups. If you have questions do not hesitate in emailing me at: Ladybug Shop Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting The Little Ladybug Shop. I would love for you to become a follower.
The Little Ladybug Shop followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Jacqueline Ortiz ©The Little Ladybug Shop . This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
Greek and Latin Root Words Worksheets Activities Vocabulary of the Week