Are you struggling to find creative ways to teach poetry? Look no further! This November Focused Poem of the Week is a wonderful way to set you up to begin this study in your classroom. This format is a consistent way to teach your students poetry.
NOVEMBER POEM OF THE WEEK PACKET INCLUDES:
- Print and digital format available (see page 4 for link)
- 6 originally written November Focused Poems (Veterans Day, Fall, Daylight Savings Time, Black Friday Shopping and more)
- The focus of the poem of the week is a great way to introduce students to literary analysis skills – such as identifying the poem type, visualizing skills, author’s purpose, stanzas and lines, and more.
- Several poem options to meet your student’s needs include a poem with images in color, black and white for students to color, and a spot to illustrate their visualization.
- Poetry visualization
- Analysis and reflection questions
- Answer keys are provided
POEM OF THE WEEK IS PERFECT FOR:
- mentor texts with focus on poetry
- literacy small groups
- focus poetry skill learning
- test preparation material
- poem writing practice
- extensions for GT, or accelerated learners
- substitute activities
- and much more!
If you have questions do not hesitate in emailing me at: Ladybug Shop Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
All rights reserved by Jacqueline Ortiz ©The Little Ladybug Shop. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.